Sunday, May 15, 2016

Cabin fever and Mother's Day

May 15, 2016
Well, It’s been a little over a week since I posted, guess I didn’t make my goal. Oh, well, if at first you don’t succeed try, try again! Right?
Anyway, it’s been a long, eventful month. Today I got to go to Church after missing the last 3 Sundays due to various kids’ illnesses. It looks like we are all finally well, I hope it stays that way!
A week and a half ago, we were all feeling a bit of cabin fever as the boys and I hadn’t been anywhere, except a couple car rides to pick Princess up from school, for a couple weeks. So, I loaded everyone up in the van, swung thru the drive-thru at McD’s for a coffee drink and hash brown patties, then drove to a park north of town that has a small lake. I parked so we could look out at the lake while we enjoyed our treat. I also brought along my ipod to plug into the van’s stereo system. When Princess saw what I brought she said “yay! We get to listen to adult music!”  Adult music?? We are just going to listen to the same list we are listening to now. I said. “Yes, but it will be different than the van music.” Princess replied.  Guess I need to add music to the van as she is apparently getting tired of what is in there. J Anyway, after watching the lake for a bit we left and drove around a couple different neighborhoods in town. One of them had big houses which Princess really enjoyed looking at. This past week she wanted to do it all again, especially looking at the big houses. We weren’t able to, but I told her we would again sometime soon. I know that when the kids aren’t able to get out they are benefited by just taking a drive but I often forget that it is so easy to do. I need to remember that especially this summer when Princess won’t be going to school two days a week. She is likely to have serious withdrawal as she is very much a people person.

Last Sunday was Mother’s Day. Blue Eyes was still sick so Hubby took Princess and Buddy to Church. After Church, he took them out for lunch then over to a flower shop to find something for Mommy. They each picked out nearly identical flower bouquets but as they got in line to pay, Buddy looked up and saw a giant balloon. “Ba’oon, Mommy, Ba’oon, p’ease?”  Hubby asked him if he wanted to get the balloon for Mommy, Buddy said he did so they put the second bouquet away and got the balloon. After swinging thru Culver’s drive-thru they came home. Buddy came into the house and patted my leg saying “ba’oon, ba’oon Mommy!” He was so excited about it! It was a nice day with my family, even though we had to cancel plans with my parents, Grandma, and most of my sibs.

No comments:

Post a Comment