Monday, April 7, 2014

Just a few happenings from March

March 30, 2014
This Month
Some of Princess’s favorite sayings right now are: “What’s wrong, Mama?”; “You’re not going to get away with this!”; “Hey! What’s going on here?”; “I don’t feel very well.”; and “Helloooo There!!” Also, “That was a close one.”; “I’m sorry I take so long.”
Princess is having more fun with Buddy, though sometimes she is still struggling with sharing Mama & Daddy. For the last couple months she has been having a real problem with me feeding or changing Buddy. She’ll say “no! don’t feed/change him!” I often tell her that I have to because Buddy is hungry/wet, etc. The other day she was playing with her back to me and Buddy was lying on a blanket playing next to her. He started fussing wanting a bottle. After making it, I picked him up and carried him to my recliner. Princess turned around and told me to put him back. I simply said “No, Princess”, to which she replied in a resigned voice “you have to feed him.” Then she returned to her toy. Progress??? We can hope!! J
A couple weeks ago I made hard-boiled eggs for lunch. After slicing and giving one to Princess I started feeding Buddy some rice cereal. Then I heard, “Mama, it’s a snake.” I looked over to see Princess holding the white part of an egg slice that she had broken so that it hung in a strip from her fingers. Due to the position the yoke had been in and the way the white had broken, one end was thicker than the other, and it did indeed resemble a cobra or similar snake. I can’t remember my reply, but Princess proudly announced that she was eating the snake several times. Yesterday we had hard-boiled eggs again and the first thing she did was break one of the egg slices and announce that she was going to eat the snake. J What an imagination she has…she didn’t get it from me either! J


Buddy is getting more mobile. He’s been rolling onto his tummy from his back for about a month. This week I saw him do a complete roll over, though we’ve suspected he has been able to do it for a while we hadn’t seen it. A couple weeks ago he was on his play mat and moved himself most of the way off of it. I walked over to him and asked how he got off. He proudly started kicking his feet and moved another few inches off! He has also been doing the beached whale impression quite a bit. The last couple days I have seen him with his legs under his body and trying to get his arms into the crawling position. J

No comments:

Post a Comment