Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Beginning my blog

September 1, 2013
A couple years ago I thought about starting a blog, so I wrote some things down in my word processing program. I didn't end up starting one for various reasons, however, lately I've been thinking I’d try again to do a blog or at least a log of things. Princess has done and said so many things, I wish I had recorded them earlier. Someone recently asked me if I had been keeping a written record of them. I really wish I had. I don’t remember all of them or the time frame they occurred in. I decided that I should start now with Princess and then I’ll hopefully be able to catch these moments for our little one when the time comes for him. As I remember Princess’s past sayings I’ll try to record them too. I know I posted a few to FB so I may try to find them and put them into a post here.

Yesterday, Princess wanted something, but kept flip flopping as to what it was. I was starting to get frustrated when my husband came in and asked Princess “are you trying to drive your Mommy crazy?” Princess replied, “Yes, I am!” We aren't sure if she really understood the question or not but her timing was good. :)
September 2, 2013
At breakfast, Princess asked for lunch. I told her it wasn't lunchtime. She replies: "Chicken nuggets??"
Me: "No, you can't have nuggets for breakfast." I started asking her if she wanted various other things. She picked one. Then, around 10 am she starts saying "lunch?? lunch?? I want lunch." My husband tells her that it's not time for lunch and asks her if she wants a snack. She says: "lunch! Lunch!! He says: "what do you want for lunch?" Princess replies: "Supper!!!"....So, apparently she wanted supper for lunch around breakfast time. Crazy girl! :) 
Princess sure keeps us hopping. recently her vocabulary and imagination have been taking leaps and bounds. For awhile now she has been pretending to change her dolls diaper. Now she feeds her doll and last week she started wrapping the doll in a shirt and patting its back like you would to soothe a crying baby. She must have seen that in the nursery at Church. Though, soon when baby brother arrives she'll get to see Mama doing it a lot! :) 
I hope that I'll be able to keep this blog up to date in the coming months. I guess if I get stuck on what to write I can always post something I wrote a few years ago...actually that might be fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment