Thursday, September 19, 2013

Two on Tuesday!!

September 17, 2013: Two on Tuesday!!!!
So for the last week or so Hubby has been telling Princess that she will be two on Tuesday. He says it in a sing song voice and makes her giggle like crazy. SO, today it is Tuesday and she is two!! How the time has flown by. It doesn’t seem like it’s been two years since she was born after 30 hours of labor…I should post her birth story soon. She has done so much these last two years…growing, crawling, walking, talking, etc. Looking forward to her next year and how she will get along with baby brother.
About once a week or so lately she has been waking up around 2 or 3 in the morning and talking and or singing off and on for a couple hours before going completely back to sleep. We aren’t sure if she sleeps during the quiet times or is just quiet. Well last she woke about two singing at the top of her lungs. She sang and talked off and on until 5:30 when Hubby went in and told her it was still night time so she needed to go back to sleep. While in there he noticed that she had been messing with her night light so he took it away, since he had told her before bed that he’d do that if she was playing with it. She started crying then for about 10 minutes and then a few sniffles and cries until 6 when she went back to sleep. She then slept until 10:30am!

I had made a special breakfast for her of sausages and eggs, so I heated them up then. When I got her out of bed the first thing she asked was if Daddy was downstairs. I told her that he was at work but would be coming home for lunch. Every little bit she would turn to me and say “Daddy work??” I’d tell her yes. He came home a bit later then I had expected but since she had such a late breakfast that worked out well. She was so excited to see him! She is such a daddy’s girl J. Later after we put her down for a nap I left to run some errands as Hubby had decided to take the rest of the day off. When I returned home he told me that she never went to sleep. After about an hour he had gone up and let her come downstairs to have a little more to eat. She asked him where I was. He told here I was at the store. She responded “mommy work?” He replied “no Mommy’s at the store”. They went back and forth like this for a few minutes then she said “I store?” (Now, she thinks Mommy goes to the store and Daddy goes to work if one or both of us aren’t home with her!) Anyway, though she was back in her room when I got home, she didn’t stay there long and didn’t get a nap that day. She helped us finish getting the house ready for Nana, Bapa (Grandpa), her aunts and uncles to come for supper to celebrate her birthday. She loved seeing them and playing with her new toys (yep, she made out like a bandit!) She had so much fun she wasn’t sure what or who to play with! Hubby had been telling her for weeks that he was going to get her a puppy cake for her birthday. She requested that it be chocolate. She loved it and ate almost a whole piece…the most she’s ever eaten! (The next morning she wanted chocolate cake for breakfast, but Mommy didn't let her have it…mean Mommy I know!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment