Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Last Couple Months-Part One

January 7, 2014-March 6, 2014
More on the last couple months.
          Cooking adventures:
The day before Thanksgiving, Hubby decided that he would like to try to make Crème Brulee. He found a recipe at on a site for engineers. He loves this dessert but rarely has it. I’ve never made it. I don’t think I would have had the courage to try making it for the first time with guests coming but Hubby did…it turned out GREAT!!! He made it again at Christmas for his family.
We also made caramel corn for the first time. It was really good and we ate WAY too much. J
Hubby had some whipping cream he wanted used up so he got online and found an amazing cake recipe. I’m not a big fan of cake and I’d never had this kind but I guess it was one he had while he was in Grad School. Anyway, he made a chocolate cake, poured warm caramel sauce over it, and then he covered it in homemade whipped cream and toffee bits. I told him he was welcome to make that for me anytime.
Next, he decided he wanted to try to make homemade fried chicken. He decided to start with by making chicken strips. I thought they were very good but he was disappointed that the coating wasn’t crunchier. I think he just needs a little more practice, after all he can’t expect everything he makes to be perfect on the first try! Though, truthfully he hasn’t had a fail yet! J
One night we were going to have French toast, Buddy decided he needed to eat as I was getting out the ingredients, so Hubby told me he’d take care of it. He headed downstairs to the computer and came up with a recipe a few minutes later. Telling me that I may not need a recipe but he did. It was different than what I usually make but again very good.
He has several more things that he’d like to make but is trying to pace himself so that he doesn’t gain too much weight.

One Saturday night I decided to make tator tot casserole. Princess wanted to help so hubby got a chair for her to stand on. She helped me put the tator tots on the top. Since then she asks to help with something almost every day. Some times that is a bit of a pain but overall it is cute and I am trying not to discourage her so she doesn’t get to the point where she won’t help when she is older and I am really ready and needing her to help! J

No comments:

Post a Comment