Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Last Couple Months-Part Two

Saying and doings of Princess
She has done so many cute things and I KNOW I have forgotten many of them. It has been a hard couple of months especially the last one. Princess had a really weird cold that started as a low grade fever with no other symptoms for over a week. As she started having a runny nose and cough her fever spiked to 104-105, going down with medication and then straight back up as the meds wore off. After a few days of this we took her back into the doctors, where she was diagnosed with a bad ear infection. She is now doing really well and back to normal. Due to her being sick which lasted about 3 weeks and then several bad snow storms the kids & I were stuck at home for a whole month. I think I went out 5 times that month including the 2 trips to the doctors.
A few days ago she was dressing and undressing her doll, talking to the doll about going home. I asked her where Doll Baby was at. She replied “at the Doctor. He make her all better!” I asked if the Doctor made her better, she said YES! Last night at Church she was telling her SS teacher about being sick she said that she had had an “owie in her ear”. This was only the second time she had mentioned her ear or that it hadn’t been feeling well.
Several weeks ago Princess was playing with her toy kitchen that she got for Christmas. She brought me a mug and told me to drink it. After pretending to drink we had this conversation—Me: That was very good. Could I have some more coffee?
Princess: Yes! I will make more delicious coffee.
Me: Who taught you to make such delicious coffee? Was it me?
Princess: No.
Me: Who then? Nana?
Princess: No, not Nana.
Me: Aunt R?
Princess: No not Aunt R. Daddy!!
Me: Daddy taught you to make coffee???
Princess: YES!!!
This is hilarious because Hubby HATES coffee. While he has bought it for me, I don’t think he has ever made it or would even want to. J She still sometimes tells me that Daddy makes delicious coffee.
She likes to pretend to cook and has come up with some interesting dishes, like cranberry soup! Not sure what she puts in it though!
About a month ago on a Sunday morning (I think it was the morning after the tator tot casserole) Princess climbed up on a chair and started chanting “No more girls; eat that first; don’t touch that; Time Out!” She said this over and over and has said it several times since. Most of these phrases are variations of things we have said to her, except the “no more girls”. We can’t figure out where that came from!
Last week Princess sat on the floor with her doll saying “Girls can’t…” (I can’t remember what it was that she said girls couldn’t do except that it was definitely something that girls CAN do.) Hubby told her that girls can do that, to which she replied “No they can’t.” Hubby: Princess, you are a girl and you can.
Princess: No I’m not!
Hubby: You aren’t a girl???
Princess: No! I a boy!
Consequently, we had to explain that yes she is a girl and so is Mommy, but Buddy and Daddy are boys. Guess we will see how many more times we have to explain that.
Princess has also decided that her one of her dolls is a boy and has her brothers’ name. That was pretty cute. She loves to sit and feed and change her doll copying what we do with her brother.
She has a hard time with certain parts of language. She gets her negatives and pronouns mixed up. She will often say “carry you” or “hold you” when she wants to be picked up. But I think she is starting to get it. Yesterday morning she was eating breakfast when suddenly she looked up at me saying while pointing at me “mommy is you, Princess is me” (now pointing at herself). Most of the rest of the day she had them correct though this morning was a bit of both. A few minutes later she called me “Grams” after a character on one of her shows. I told her that I was Mama not Grams. She then said “You Mama, not Grams. I Princess, not Grams. Brother Buddy, not Grams.”  I got upset with her a couple weeks ago when she was calling me Grams. But my Mom pointed out that Princess was recognizing that I take care of her like Grams does the twins on the show. That Princess was doing really well with recognizing that relationship. SO I am trying not to let it bother me if she does that.
          Buddy
Well Buddy is 5 months old already!! Can’t believe how fast time has gone. I know I still need to do his birth story. My goal is to do it next post. J
He loves to watch Princess run around. At first he almost looked scared when she would come near him, sadly with good reason. She could be very sweet one minute and then be scratching him the next. Thankfully she seems to have stopped that. Now he often tries to get her attention. We got him an activity mat for Christmas. He loves to play on it and bat at the toys. The mat came with a Sun that plays music and goes over some shapes and animals when certain buttons are pushed or levers are pulled. About a month ago I looked over one day to see him with his legs in the air and his hands holding onto his pants trying to swing his legs at the Sun. I reached over and hit one of the buttons. He looked up at me with a beautiful smile as if to say Thanks I wanted that! The next day he did it again, only this time he managed to hit the button! His aim wasn’t great so he swung more often than he hit but he kept trying! Now he is big enough and coordinated enough to pull the shapes that are attached to the ribbons and levers. He also loves to play with the mirror. He rolls over on the mat up against the arched sides and tries to scoot. He hasn’t succeeded but not for lack of trying. Hubby thinks he will be crawling soon. If so it would be much earlier than Princess did. Of course Buddy has more incentive to do so than Princess did. Yesterday he had his legs under himself for a few seconds, so Hubby could be right. I joked that at this rate, he would be crawling before he can sit up!

Sometimes it sounds like he is saying “HI”. Yesterday, my cousin and her mom came for a visit. Princess was getting pretty wound up running back and forth between them. Buddy was laying on his mat watching everything. My cousin looked down at him saying “Your sister’s pretty crazy, huh?” With perfect timing Buddy makes noise that sounded like “Ye-AH”. We had a good laugh over that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment